Sunday, January 9, 2011

My First Week In Rexburg!

It has been a wonderful first week in Rexburg, Idaho. I got here Monday and spent most of the day unpacking and getting to know my roommates; Melissa, Ashley, Hailey, Michelle and D.D. They are some really amazing girls. I am really going to like living with them. Tuesday I attended "Get Connected." An organized fun night to get to know the school and other students. This turned out to be more entertaining than I thought.... For I spent two and a half hours in the ER. A girl in my group got a concussion from the sumo wrestling! It was crazy! The rest of the week I spent in class! I've never had so much homework in my life. I am doing well in my classes so far and am keeping ahead of schedule so I won't fall behind. Friday night I had the opportunity to do baptisms at the temple. It was such an amazing experience. We plan to go every week. Yesterday we went sledding in Yellowstone National Park. It was pretty fun... though I really am starting to dislike the snow. Then last night, my roommates and I tried to go to the hot springs only to get caught in a snow storm (don't worry Mom, I wasn't driving). We then preceded to get lost on some sketchy back roads! It was an experience. Haha. Overall the week has been great. I wake up to a view of the temple every morning, what a great way to start the day! I have made many friends and I am excited for the adventures we will have together.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update sweetie, sounds like all is going good. I am thrilled that you are staying in front of your homework, great job! The temple picture is very pretty! Glad you ate making lots of friends even though I knew this would not be a problem for you ;0).
    I AM happy you were not drivIng and next time use the GPS on your phone so you stay safe. I do want to see you in the spring. Nancy and I may take a road trip and come and visit...... Yes really I am considering it. Love you much and nighty night and don't let the bed bugs bite, if they do take a shoe and beat them til their black and blue ;).
    Love you to the moon and back a bazillion times!
    Mommy

    ReplyDelete