Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Less than a week!

Wow. Six months ago I would have said I couldn't wait to be at this point.. But now I'm actually getting a little of the "I'm a big girl now" gitters. Sam's plane ticket has been purchased, everything but my wardrobe is packed, and Bertha will soon be filled with gas and the 7 boxes that consume my life. My housing is paid for, my financial aid came through, and I seem well on my way. I am so excited yet really nervous. I have almost left home many times now...... and it had fallen apart at the last minute. But I am grateful. For I am not the same woman I was a year ago. It seems I wasn't meant to go to school at that time. There were things I had to accomplish before I'd be ready for this new adventure. For starters..... this last year I was able to earn my Young Woman's Recognition. I had the opportunity to teach with the missionaries and watch a beautiful woman grow in the Gospel. I have faced many adversities to test my faith. And I am glad to say that it has only strengthened my testimony. This last week was my third "birthday" of joining the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I am so grateful to be at this point of my life. I am glad that am ready to start on this path that the Lord has made for me. If you had asked me five years ago where i would be when I was turning 20.....well I never would have guessed this... Haha reminds me of something I heard once... "How do you make God laugh???.......Tell Him your plans."

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you and excited for you to move on to bigger and better things!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete