Thursday, March 3, 2011

So the last couple of weeks have been super busy. We had mid-terms, I pulled out with mostly B's. I'm okay. It's only half over, so I can pick them up a little bit. So, last weekend Carissa, Annie and I went on a trip down to Utah! Where, as Mother Nature would have it, we drove 35 miles per hour (average) the whole way. It took us over 5 hours. But Bertha is a tank, so we were totally fine. Thanks Daddy for helping me out with my new tires, they really came in handy. It was so funny! Blue skies were in Salt Lake, the storm had passed, but for some odd reason I couldn't use my lights. I could see my brights reflecting off the signs, but it was just off. So we pulled over to the side of the highway to check it out. When we got out there was SIX INCHES of snow plastered to the front of my car! I wish we would have taken a picture. It was crazy! So there we are scrapping it off with our fingernails... What a sight to see. In Utah we stayed with Carissa's dad in Sandy, you will all meet her, I'm bringing her home in April, for she has not been to much of Oregon. But anywho, we stayed with her family which was super fun. She has a little brother Nathaniel who is Down's. He is the sweetest kid ever! We watched Up! On the way home we met up with my homie Jared Bench, which was really fun. We went to a frozen custard place. Do we have those in Oregon?! I'm not sure, but it was delicious! We made it home in a whooping 3 hours! Yay! For blue skies and sunshine. Speaking of that, this last Tuesday it was 38 degrees outside, but felt like 70 after weeks of teens and negatives. Everyone in town was in shorts and t-shirts, driving with the windows down, and doing "outside" things. I thought it was hilarious! Only in Rexburg! Our excitement of the week, my mother might get mad at me for. Oops! But that's what college is for right. FYI Mom, I wouldn't have done this if I didn't go to a church school..... well, maybe. I live at the "Ridge", which is the rich, upper class side of campus. So here all the boys drive BMW, Lexus, Mercedes, and super jacked up trucks. So Carissa and I got super bored and put our numbers on all the cars/trucks we liked. I had 7 people call!! It was freaking hilarious, cause we found out one of them belonged to one of our Family Home Evening brothers! He's a cattle rancher! Someone else who is a complete hick! We got a new roommate this week. Her name is Meredith. She is from Seattle. West Coast REPRESENT! She is pretty cool. Laid back and just fits right in. I am super glad for that. This weekend I am going on a blind date. Kinda odd, but apparently that's how things work here. I'm kinda excited. All my roommates are going, so it should be fun! Well, I think that's all I got! Hope everyone is doing well! I am off school from April 9-20th. So I will definitely make it home. I might even go to Canada as well! My friend Matty is from Calgary and Carissa and I might go stay with his family! I'm excited to finally use my passport! Well. Gotta go study..... yeah... right! Haha. Love you all! I forgot to tell you!!! I gave blood yesterday! I was completely exhausted, cause my body is not used to it, but I was so happy that I was able to! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment